Filipe Miguel Faria da Silva, associate professor at the Department of Energy Technology, has recently been selected as Teacher of the Year at the Faculty of Engineering and Science.
The students who nominated him have emphasised his commitment, sense of humour, professional and academic knowledge as well as his ability to both motivate and challenge students.
The other nominees for the teacher of the year title at the Faculty of Engineering and Science were:
- Michal Z. Pomianowski, associate professor, Study Board for Civil Engineering
- Dan Bruhn, associate professor, Study Board for Biotechnology, Chemistry and Environmental Engineering
- Kenn Steger-Jensen, professor, Study Board for Industry and Global Business Development
- Athanasios Georgiadis, assistant professor, Study Board for Mathematics, Physics and Nanotechnology
- Peter Helstrup Madsen, teaching assistant professor, Study Board for the Admission Course
Filipe Miguel Faria da Silva will be honoured at AAU’s annual celebration event in May 2019 where the Teacher of the Year of the entire University will be announced. The Obel Family Foundation will present the award to the winner, who will be selected among the five faculty winners.